Sunday, October 10, 2010

We went down to Nephi yesterday and stayed at the Best Western. Then today we went to Gunnison for the blessing of Mandi and Burke's new baby. The highlight of the weekend for me was not having to get one single special food out for Michael. Before leaving for Nephi, we were at a family activity in Huntsville, and he ate soup there. We ate at Golden Corral for dinner last night (he gobbled up enormous amounts of spaghetti), and we let him eat sugary cereal from the continental breakfast at the hotel. For lunch, we went to Wendy's, where he ate chili before we headed to Gunnison. After the blessing, he ate spaghetti again at the family dinner.

When I realized we had gone an entire weekend without having to get a special meal for Michael, I started to cry. I know he can do this. I know it's hard for him sometimes, but I know we'll get there.

No comments: